Lightbulb Challenge - The Dark Side
With so many "bright" ideas submitted, mine now seems a little "dark". However, never let it be said that even in my darkest hours I failed to complete a challenge. I think I see the light...
Begin by gathering the supplies needed. A special trip to the Habitat Restore yielded me these bulbs. Decisions... decisions...
Gather the necessary supplies. I like the idea of using different sizes and shapes, hopefully to make a more interesting display.
Since I wanted to chalk paint the bulbs I begin by creating my own chalk paint using a white acrylic paint, water and Permastone. I like to work in small batches to get the right consistencies.
A shout-out to The Navage Patch (a fellow Hometalker) who provided me with a download of their labels and I might add a great deal of inspirations. The Navage Patch projects are some of the best I've seen. They have a lot, and I mean a LOT of Halloween projects that will blow you away. Be sure to check them out..Each bulb was first painted with the white chalk paint and then spray painted with black on top. Here we see the "Love Potion"
The labels were printed and to create a worn look, I tore the edges and distressed them using the Tim Holtz distress ink pads. before adhering to the bulbs after the paint was dry. I used ModPodge to adhere the labels..The "Vampire Blood" and "Prophecy Potion" sit next to the "Embalming Liquid". To create the illusion of "Embalming Liquid" I filled the jar with water and added a few drops of blue and a few drops of yellow to get to the green.
I cut the corks in half and hot glued to each of the bulbs. To complete the display, I added a few things on hand. In order to complete the project I needed:Chalk paint and brushRed acrylic paintBulbs - 3 sizes and shapesLabels, downloaded from The Navage PatchBlack spray paintModPodgeCorks
Published September 19th, 2017 6:37 AM
2 of 4 comments