Any ideas on how to add length to a comforter

+18

My mattress is too thick for the king comforter to cover. Any ideas on how to add length without too much sewing

• Kim Kim on Aug 08, 2017
    How about buying a king size bed spread then laying the comforter on top for a layered look. No sewing required!
    😊

• Carmen Carmen on Aug 08, 2017
      Great idea, I was definitely trying to avoid any sewing

• Karen Krysowaty Karen Krysowaty on Aug 08, 2017
    Find a fabric that you can cut and add to both sides of the comforter-you can even use a sheet. You can then attach it with quick stitch. Super easy

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Aug 08, 2017
    How about just getting a dust ruffle

• Carmen Carmen on Aug 08, 2017
      I have a bedskirt, but because the mattress is so thick, the comforter doesn't cover the mattress.

• 2dogal 2dogal on Aug 08, 2017
    You can use fusible webbing that iron's on and is washable to attach more material.

• Kim Dishaw Kim Dishaw on Aug 08, 2017
    Maybe a light weight blanket that compliments the color of your comforter, that is a little larger than your comforter.

• Carmen Carmen on Aug 08, 2017
      Thanks Kim, great idea, because I was trying to avoid doing any sewing.

• Susan Helen Botha Susan Helen Botha on Aug 08, 2017
    Add a rolled trim to the edge. Not only does it give it length but it gives it style as well. You could always go for a plain color that is in the comforter for that something extra.

• SandyG SandyG on Aug 08, 2017
    Put your comforter on and then find a sheet that matches or contrasts (depending on your taste) and fold in half or thirds and lay it across the bottom and let hang over the end of your bed to cover the mattress.

• Kat22094991 Kat22094991 on Aug 08, 2017
    Liquid stitch work well or run some Velcro with a sticky back so you can remove it if you dry clean the spread

• Add a border all the way around in a coordinating fabric. All straight seams, you can do this!

• Judy Judy on Aug 08, 2017
    Is this handmade, or store boughten? If it knitted, just pick up the stiches and knit more rows .. this can be done, very easy. If it is store boughten, then add some pieces, and you can choose which pattern you want, and put padding inside it, before you sew it together. Take this to a sewing store if you don't know what to do. They may help you, and help you get more matching colors so this is not easily spotted by others. J.

• Carmen Carmen on Aug 08, 2017
    The best responses was a light weight blanket to compliment the comforter

No sewing with Quick Stich or Liquid Stitch It is like a glue that kind of fuses the fabrics together with no sewing and it works great. NO SEWING

• Rudy Rudy on Aug 08, 2017
    I think fringe might work, it comes in many lengths and colors. Lynne

• Renee Renee on Feb 10, 2020

I am having the same issue. I am thinking about buying a fabric and sewing it on around my comforter. Maybe just three sides. HELP

• Sherry Hall Shelton Sherry Hall Shelton on Jun 17, 2021

Do you crochet? Add a few rows of crocheted edging. I did this on mine. Problem solved. Good luck.

• Dee Reyes Dee Reyes on Jul 09, 2021

Hello All !!!

I just found a site (walmart sells their stuff too), the name is www.byourbed.com and they sell OVERSIZED comforters.. I'm in love... highly recommended.. hope it helps.

• Cynthia H Cynthia H on Jul 26, 2021

Hi! I've run into this with the "fits full/queen" size that's sold. A flat top sheet that matches or compliments the comforter can drape below the comforter. No sewing!