Please give me some advice on how to decorate around this tub

+12
q bathroon
  • Robyn Garner Robyn Garner on Dec 09, 2017
    You could box it in using planks or reclaimed wood. Be cautious with your materials though, as they must be waterproof or you could cause a mold issue.

I would also choose a fabulous wallpaper, even if only for one wall. It will draw your eye away from the 80's look and really pop!

• Kyrose Kyrose on Dec 09, 2017
    Is that a window above your tub next to the shower? Adding ferns to this area would really dress it up and ferns LOVE the moisture in the bathroom.

• Karen Tokarse Karen Tokarse on Dec 09, 2017
    Install a white 10" shelf under the window (same width). Put out some pretty pots and plants that match your decor. They will LOVE the humidity.

• Con31466724 Con31466724 on Dec 09, 2017
    some greenery would be a nice touch....a tall green plant that sets on the floor

• Curtis Alexander Curtis Alexander on Dec 09, 2017
    My first thought was lattice work. A lot of people use the treated wood lattice outdoors but this can be used indoors, if it is properly installed. If you don't want to use wood; they also make a paintable plastic version as well.

• Psa28103051 Psa28103051 on Dec 09, 2017
    massive tall plant in corner in floor candles tall and small on tub and mosaic pattern against white back tiles to finish it off

• Pjo26908388 Pjo26908388 on Dec 09, 2017
    I like your bathroom and the gold fixtures. I would embrace the gold and add gold or brass shelf brackets and go with a midcentury regency look with plants that others have suggested- rabbits foot fern and spider plants are super easy.

The bigger empty wall at the tub end might work with large piece of colorful art or a gallery art wall of images you enjoy.

The white painted trims and taupe tile compete. I would change the trims to the taupe color or a creamy beige that blends. The ceiling would be nice to be a light sky blue.

Wallpaper might be a nice addition- Especially if it pulls in the taupe and gold. Graham and Brown makes lovely wallpapers that might be worth a look.

• Mar24787706 Mar24787706 on Dec 09, 2017
    hang baskets if they fall.....no problem of brakhage.......get the kind with four sides so you can set towels or soap or what ever in them if you want to get creative....hang ivy vines across the top and maybe a large bunch of grapes have fun

make a window box with the basket put artificial ferns in it make a christmas window box

• Ili Ili on Dec 09, 2017
    Please use real plants only!!!! A nice large basket with towels or toiletries, a nice large rug, not necessarily the bathroom type, probably one with nice, big flowers/leaves coordinating with the colors you have plus a statement one, like coral or black/white, whatever you prefer...a rather large art peace (flowers?), keep adding accessories as you see a theme developing, it doesn't have to be done at once...Happy decorating!!!

• A A on Dec 11, 2017
    I have a similar configuration except our tub actually had a step (totally unnecessary and covered with slippery tile), so we removed the step when we updated the bathroom. I found corner shelves at Target and mounted them above the tub (I used to have items on the tub, but they kept getting damp or even wet and it would mildew quickly under the items). I love baskets but prefer not to use them in a bathroom because they absorb odors and moisture; they can also be a bit more difficult to clean.

• 2dogal 2dogal on Dec 11, 2017
    I'd put a couple rows of decorative tile on top (over) the existing tile, then tile on up to the bottom of the window.

• Tina worley Tina worley on Dec 17, 2017
    Tile.. But extra shelve or basket for towels. Do you not care for the green shade paint on walls? If you don want tile.. There a plastic or fiberglass sheet for bathroom and tub enclosures. That would seal moisture.

• Emily Emily on Dec 17, 2017
    we decorate a wall in our bathroom with pictures (sorry this one is so bad) I could see such a grouping on the wall over the end of the tub, and also under the window. I like the idea of plants on a shelf too, but think it might be potentially dangerous to bathers.

• Barb Barb on Dec 17, 2017
    Try addding candle sticks, towel bar with accent towel with tassels, a shelf with bathroom items And Accent throw rugs. Here’s a few picture ideas to start your decorating project in the right direction 📌🎄