Cracked Glass using crayon and silver glitter

I used white n gray crayons in a clear glass vase. White up n down and spider white drawings and gray arches . Used silver glitter glue. once i like the design, I can then seal with Krayon clear Sealent My question is: this does not looked like a “cracked design”.
what does the gray crayon do for this? Should I make less up n down lines? How can I improve this look? In some ways this just looks dirty.
q cracked glass using crayon and silver glitter
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Dec 29, 2017
    Heres a post of someones else.See if you can find you answer with that. https://www.hometalk.com/25056899/diy-crackled-glass-look

• Jennifer Jennifer on Dec 30, 2017
    I agree it doesn't look like cracked glass at all. You could try to make it real cracked glass by heating it up and putting it in ice water, not sure how thick the glass is but you could try it or just paint it another color. There are several posts on this here at hometalk. Hope this helps you out

• See 1 previous
    • Jennifer Jennifer on Dec 30, 2017
      I have seen others do the heat then ice with no problems but yes I can see that being hazardous. I have never tried it, maybe they know how to do it right.
      I personally would use crackle paint, so much easier!

• Susan Susan on Dec 30, 2017
    I think the crayon needs to be HEAVILY drawn on - and the glitter glue needs to be a certain type....
    TRY AGAIN and yes - watch the video of the other lady doing HERS