Diy bath balm

+4
Want to know how yo DIY bath balm receip & molds
  • Lisa Lisa on Jun 16, 2017
    Do you mean bath bombs? Here’s a great project on Hometalk to help you out. Ihttp://www.hometalk.com/28210756/bath-bombs-for-kids-that-will-make-you-win-at-bath-time

• See 1 previous
    • Lisa Lisa on Jun 19, 2017
      You can find citric acid at Walmart even on Amazon. :)

• Brenda Brandt Deason Brenda Brandt Deason on Jun 16, 2017
    1 cup baking soda
    1/4 cup corn starch
    1/2 cup epsom salts
    Mix together in a large bowl
    In another container (I use a one cup measuring cup) mix together:
    2 T water
    2 T coconut oil
    Soap colorant
    Essential oils
    Carefully pour the liquid mixture into the dry mixture, being careful not to make puddles. Mix it together until you can easily clump it in your hand. You may want to add more water, color, or scent at this point, if it seems to need anything. Experience will teach you!
    Quickly mix in:
    1/2 cup citric acid
    Spray molds with spray oil and pack the mixture in. Not too tight, not too loose. After a few hours, remove from the molds, so they can finish drying.
    This is a method I developed myself after using YouTube videos to learn how. Adding the acid last seems to make less of a reaction to the liquids, and I think they come out better.
    Everything you need can be found on Amazon. Search "Bath Bomb supplies." I recommend metal molds. The plastic ones tend to crack, even though they are easier to use.

• Just Retired Just Retired on Jun 16, 2017
    To make Balm mix the following, 1 part beeswax to 2 parts cocoa oil and then add a few drops of essential oil. With the bees wax warm it up in the microwave so it stirs nicely then all the cocoa oil and essential oil. It will firm up nicely when it has a change to set and cool

• BillieandRob Linhart BillieandRob Linhart on Jun 16, 2017
    Basic Bath Bomb Recipe

1/2 cup Citric Acid
    1 Cup Baking Soda
    Enough Witch Hazel to moisten
    Coloring of your choice
    Essential Oil of your choice (I use Lavendar or Orange)

1. Blend the citric acid and baking soda – this step is super important – if you don’t blend well, you end up with a grainy bomb.
    2. Once you’ve blended really well, add your colorant. Dry pigments or a specialty bath fizzy colorant like La Bombs work best – don’t add too much though – the color shows up once you add the witch hazel.
    3. Add essential oils to your personal nose preference.
    4. Spritz (with a squirt bottle) the witch hazel onto your batch while stirring with the other hand. When your batch sticks together when squished, you need to start putting it in molds – time is of the essence. If you wait too long, the mixture will get hard. If you spritz too much, the mixture will be too wet and “grow” (start the fizzing reaction) on you.
    5. Put the bombs in molds – wait a few minutes and tap them out. Let them air dry for 3 or 4 hours and voila! Wonderful, hard bath bombs. The harder you pack the bath bombs, the more dense, heavy, and durable bomb you will get.

I forgot to tell you where to get molds from. Any craft store would have them and also on EBay there are a ton of molds