Hanging a wreath on a front door. Any suggestions?

+7
I have tried pounding a nail into the front door, but it eventually falls out, I have used multiple 3M stick on hangers, only to find the wreath on the front porch, I currently use a tack at the top of the door frame with ribbon and switch out the tack and ribbon for changes in wreaths. I live in the South and I think the heat and humidity effect the 3M adhesive hook, I have always cleaned the area with alcohol first before striking it on. Any suggestions?
  • Thelma Lipp Thelma Lipp on Jun 20, 2017
    Check the craft store for metal or plastic hanger that fits over the top of the door. They work on most doors.

• Dixie Dixie on Jun 20, 2017
    Why not use a wreath-hanger? Although you usually see them with a Christmas motif, there are plain ones also. Try your local garden shop or hobby store. They are metal and hook over the top of the door with a drop down so the wreath will look good.

• Kathleen Marzullo Kathleen Marzullo on Jun 20, 2017
    Have you tried an over-the-door hanger? It is a bracket made of flat, thin metal that has a hook at one end, then the metal goes up, over the top of the door and down the inside of the door. No holes, no hammering. You used to only be able to find these at Christmas time. But they are available year-round now. Just be sure that the metal is very thin, or your door might not close.

• Suzan Suzan on Jun 20, 2017
    I always use a command strip hook on my front door! We have a lot of humidity in Louisiana and it has never fallen off. Also has never damaged the stain on my doors

• Cori Widen Cori Widen on Jun 20, 2017
    Over the door hangers are really, really great!

• Giz7064266 Giz7064266 on Jun 20, 2017
    Get an over the door hanger or if door is metal get a round magnet buy both at Christmas tree store.

• Fiddledd224 Fiddledd224 on Jun 20, 2017
    Use an over the door hanger. Use metal-- plastic cracks in direct sunlight over time.

• C. D. Scallan C. D. Scallan on Jun 20, 2017
    I have a hook for mine that is similar to the over the door shoe organization hooks. I got it at Christmas but use it year round as its green and so is my front door . Look online for one . You can always paint , but I know they come in metallic finishes too.

• Chubby58 Chubby58 on Jun 20, 2017
    Try a metal wreath hanger. You can find these at yard sales, goodwill, salvation army usually in the Christmas department. Dollartree has them also.

• Kim Kim on Jun 20, 2017
    I've tried that too, unfortunately they're too thick and I can't close my door. Thank you for your response.