How can I embellish a simple lace dress?

+5
I purchased a simple navy blue lace dress and would like to add a little sparkle.
  • Just Retired Just Retired on Jun 16, 2017
    Personally I would purchase a scarf that has sparkle in it and tie it a number of different ways. Or you could purchase beads and hand sew

• Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Jun 16, 2017
    My first thought was sequins. They certainly sparkle up a dress. I don't know what the dress looks like, but you could put them around a collar, a neckline, the sleeves or even the hem. Any of them would dress it up and make it sparkle. If you're really creative, you could sew in curved or spiral designs on the dress itself. Good luck!

• Elizabeth Dion Elizabeth Dion on Jun 16, 2017
    I would dress it up with a complimentary earring and necklace set.

• SLO SLO on Jun 16, 2017
    You could check out many sparkle trims for fabric. Start with stores like Joann's. You could also use crystals and glue them on, my favorite glue to use is for fabric is "Fabric Tac". Very strong and washable. Talking about washing...I would put your dress in a king size pillowcase and tie the open end...place your dress in the washing machine and put the setting on gentle cycle and cold water...wash alone! Hang to dry! You can do this...just let your creativity soar. You could also buy some cute shoes to match and put some bling on them...you can use the same glue as you on your dress. I would love to see a before and after pic!

• Cat13564400 Cat13564400 on Jun 17, 2017
      Thank you for your advise. I will check out different stores for ideas. Also the Fabric Tac sounds like something I could use. Thanks so much!

• A beautiful navy lace dress is classic and will never go out of style, ever. Leave the dress as is. Add sparkle using accessories - earrings, necklace, skinny belt, scarf, pin or brooch. Your handbag and / or shoes could also have a subtle touch of sparkle too if you wish. Keep it simple though.