How can I hide an A/C unit in my wall.

+2
q how can i hide an a c unit in my wall
  • Dfm Dfm on Jun 24, 2018
    find a curtian rod and hanging hardware. Some are adjustable with how far from the wall they are. Hang a curtian. When you need the ac. Open the curtians.

• Jonah Quinn Jonah Quinn on Jun 24, 2018
    I am guessing that you want it covered during the winter months only (not a permanent cover).

Probably the quickest/easiest way is to hang something in front of it.
    If you are handy you can build a frame yourself, it should surround the ac unit and sit out far enough for the 'something' to hang straight. It will end up looking sort of like a deep shadow box. If you are not handy you could probably have a frame store knock one together for you if you give them the dimensions.

As to the 'something' could be a piece of artwork, could be photos, could be a mirror, a wall hanging water fall/fountain, anything you like that is a good size (proportional) for the wooden frame surround size (and that you properly mount it to the wall for its weight). As in you wouldn't want the wooden frame to be say 16 inches high and 20 inches wide, and then put a picture that was 4 inches by 6 inches, it would look funny.

If you are really handy (& want to waste the time and money), you could make a fake fireplace sit there, with the fake chimney going up the wall to cover the ac unit. Since Christmas is a nice time to decorate a fireplace (even if it is fake). Here is a shallow type version https://seekinglavenderlane.com/diy-faux-brick-exposed-chimney/.

Good luck.

• Gale O'Neal Gale O'Neal on Jun 25, 2018
    You can go very simple with a single shelf in front, and a picture leaning to cover ac or you can do something like this below:

• Patti Patti on Jul 12, 2018

Years ago I had a similar situation. I built a bookcase/hutch with a small desk at the bottom and put doors with decorative metal screening panel inserts (like the ones they use for radiator covers) on the front of the shelf with the a/c. The doors covered the unit but let the cool air flow through. It was easy and worked and looked great.