How do I make a fake fireplace surround

+3
I'm buying a house that does not have a fireplace, there is a corner in the family room that would be perfect for one. I would purchase an electrical insert but need to build a mantle/surround around it. My skill level is easy to medium but I can always call in some friends. I'm not a lover of brick but like the look of stone, tile, stucco, marble, etc. Any ideas would be greatly welcomed and if you've done the same would love to see pictures of your project. Thank you

• Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Dec 22, 2017
    Hi, here are 4 different ones done my fellow Hometalk members. Check them out and choose which ever one you want. Wishing you the best and Happy Holidays!

• Mar24787706 Mar24787706 on Dec 22, 2017
    I purchased mine from a remodel ........but head to the antique store......corner ones will be harder to find.........next to a woodworking shop..........You could purchase a (what I call) a pot belly the one you could put a black pipe on the back ( I didn't mine).

• Flipturn Flipturn on Dec 22, 2017
    I would advise you against putting or building any fireplace in a corner, as it makes arranging the furniture and lamps very difficult.

• DesertRose DesertRose on Dec 22, 2017
    You can buy imitation fireplaces with all sorts of surround for them. Montgomery Ward catalogs, Menards, and Fingerhut all sell them. We purchased ours at Montgomery Ward catalog sale. Walmart has a very small sampling of electric fireplaces with cabinets on them. We love the quality and size of those carried by both Montgomery Ward and Fingerhut. They have good quality for the price.

• Barbara Barbara on Dec 22, 2017
    Check out a blog site “JUSTDESTINYMAG.com”. Destiny created the best faux fireplace I ever saw, using 2x4’s and paint, etc. check it out. ,

• Barb Barb on Dec 26, 2017
    Have you thought about buying a electric fireplace them come in so many styles and fit in any decor and no hassle and no mistakes, just a thought📌