How do I preserve these roses?

+7
q how do i preserve tge roses
here is a pic of the roses
  • Shoshana Shoshana on Dec 04, 2017
    Simply hang them upside down to dry. Once they are dry you can turn them into centerpieces that will last :)

• Karen Tokarse Karen Tokarse on Dec 04, 2017
    How beautiful! If you want to keep the true color of these roses, try this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWDXb_ktsyo

I'm sorry. I meant to send this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Smd44LVahh0

• Mary Sandu Mary Sandu on Dec 05, 2017
    Epoxy resin is the best way if you want to keep them as they are, if not just hang them upsi down and dry the. The second though is going to get dusty difficult to clean and in time will fall apart.
    Anyway my suggestion get a shadow box, cut your flowera set them in the box as you like mix the two ingredients of resin pour it in top of your flower to cover them and adjust if necessary then let it dr.
    Good luck!

• Siri Siri on Dec 05, 2017
    Somewhere I read to put flowers into powder detergent for a few weeks and that will conserve them beautifully.

• Ant11605640 Ant11605640 on Dec 05, 2017
    I grow a lot of different flowers and roses. I buy the large container of silica gel flower drying medium at Joan Fabric or Wally World. I use the flowers in arrangements to give as gifts.

P.S. I have flowers that I dried several years ago and they still look pretty.But I do also spray them with hair spray after they are dried

• Amethyst Amethyst on Dec 07, 2017
    You can get them freeze dried , most florists can have it done for you.

• Allison Newby Allison Newby on Dec 09, 2017
    If you'd like to keep the roses forever you could also root a few of these and make a couple of rose bushes out of them. It's very very simple. I would at least give it a try. I've rooted about four different types of roses I've received over the years and I love all my new rose bushes. Cut off the head and most of the petals except for one. It needs that one petal to get energy and food from the sun. Cut the bottom part of the stem at a node at an angle. The node is a bump or place where a stem would be or was. This new cut will later have your roses new roots. Take a knife and graze it perpendicular to the stem pealing the mesoderm or outer layer off just a bit. Dip the stem and place you marred the rose at on the bottom in some honey. Next, put it in a pot with soil (good draining kind so it doesn't rot) and place in a nice spot outside next to your home preferably (it won't freeze right up against your home) 😉. Water it sparingly but stick your finger in the pot to see if dry every other day. Bring inside if too cold and give it indirect sunlight. Good luck. :)