How do you know what size tv to get? How to measure

+2
  • Cindy Cindy on Dec 09, 2017
    A TV is measured from corner to corner diagonally. For example, the top left corner to the bottom right corner. Hope this helps you.

• Judy Judy on Dec 09, 2017
    This depends on the size of your room, that you want to put the TV into. Just remember, it is not good to sit too close to the tv., so measure the distance from the tv, to the chair that you sit in. Remember too, the larger the tv, the more distance you will need, to see all the picture.

• Cynthia H Cynthia H on Dec 09, 2017
    Most of our family have large flat screen tvs. We have a small livingroom so we went with a 32 inch.

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Dec 09, 2017
    The measurement is of the screen. Measure the space you have available, width and height. Take something to measure with you. Some TV's have wider edges than others that just have really small edges, so measure the ones you are looking at to see if they will fit your space in width and height. Make sure if you are putting it high on a wall that you leave three or four inches at the top to put it on what you are hanging it on. We had a 55 inch on the wall. When it was two years old it started getting darker shadow spots up in on corner that was working its way across the screen. Best Buy replaced it (had a five year warranty on it), but didn't have the same TV anymore (they quit making 3D TV's), so they replaced it with a 65 inch that had all the other perks on it. We had to totally redo the mount because we didn't have enough room for lifting it onto the mount.

• Sharon Sharon on Dec 10, 2017
    I chose a 42" TV so I could read the print on foreign film captions better. My old one was a 32" and I liked it but was getting harder to read the print from across the room.