How to make my own sewing machine decals?
I have an old black singer sewing machine with worn decals that I would like to decorate and make look pretty.
Can anyone tell me of products that I might purchase and might use in either an inkjet or laser printer to make my own decals that I could cut out and apply to an old sewing machine?
1. Are there any clear film plastic like products with an adhesive similar to labels that could possibly be printed on to make my own decals?
2. Is there any thin clear film like products that one might print on that could possibly be applied by some type of glue or possibly heat that I might print on? If so what type of glue would one recommend or what heat method would one recommend for this project?
3. Are there special sprays or other products that you would recommend using to cover these decals so that they do not rub or peel off? Would one cover just where the decals are with this product or would one cover the entire sewing machine?
4. Does anyone have a suggestion for a short inspirational message or favourite bible quote that might look good on a sewing machine?
5. I have heard of a product called gold leaf.. Where would I buy this material? Can anyone tell me how to apply this product or recommend any websites or YouTube videos on how to apply gold leaf?
I am receptive to any ideas that I could use for embellishments or suggestions for making my old sewing machine look pretty.
I welcome any pictures others may have of sewing machine make over’s or websites to look at for suggestions.
I would also like to know the names of stores you recommend for purchasing the embellishments or products for printing on that you recommend or places to order these items on line.
I would like to thank all who respond to my inquiry in advance.
Does anyone know what this is?
Just turn them upside down and open them, then insert a roll of paper towel and tada, you have yourself a brand new paper towel holder that is not only beautiful, but... See more
Can anyone identify this vintage wooden crank box?
The item is solid wood, standing aprx. 26" high x 16" wide, no exterior holes or outlets, side crank handle turns four wooden paddles inside with various size holes o... See more
What to put in this huge mason jar?
I have a HUGE mason jar. I would like some ideas on what to put in it for decorations, other than flowers.
How can I find discontinued Pulaski or Neiman Marcus/Horchow furniture
I am looking for the discontinued Pulaski Royale collection nightstand, Neiman Marcus/Horchow also sold it, but called it the Royalty collection. I have looked all ov... See more
Ideas on different things I can do with these yummy old spools?
I'm a picker and came across lots and lots of these beauties. I took home several boxes of these purdies and are using for different projects. However, I want to find... See more
How do you tell the value in old china dishes?
I have an 80 year old set of Noritake china dishes that were my Mother's. We are downsizing so I am thinking of selling them but am not sure who to trust. I've looked... See more
1970s sunken conversation pit
Our new house has a sunken conversation pit in front of the fireplace. It's about 6X6 and has three steps into the 'pit' and booth-like backs on each side. My adult... See more
Hi Ary, Amazon sells gold vinyl adhesive sheets that will work. They have loads of colors - here's an example - https://www.amazon.com/Gold-Chrome-Vinyl-Adhesive-Mirror/dp/B0759QRHCS
I cut vinyl with my die cutter. Do you know anyone with a Cricut or Silhouette? You could also try printable sticker paper and hand cut them.
You should be able to find sticker paper online at which point you could print out whatever design you'd like.
You can get printable waterslide decal paper on amazon. If you have an inkjet printer, the paper needs to be sprayed with clear spray paint a few times so that the ink won't run.