How can I hang up heavy tiles?

I have 12x12 tiles that have paintings. These tiles have various signs and garden type paintings. They are quite heavy BUT they have holes drilled in them so they can be hung up. These are for sale. MY question was/ what would be a good sturdy product to hang these signs? someone answered with, make them as trivits. No, they are not meant to be trivits they are SIGNS! to hang from a wall, a patio, a front door area, etc. I thought about leather straps but now sure/ does anyone have another idea about a product to HANG heavy tiles?

• Frank Andrews III Frank Andrews III on Dec 27, 2017
    Try using steel cable.. You can buy it an most hardware stores. Make sure you know the weight of the tiles and you can buy the appropriate gauge cable and thimbles. You will need the crimp tool to compress the thimbles.

• GrandmasHouseDIY GrandmasHouseDIY on Dec 27, 2017
    Hi Sally, I've never regretted buying a roll of wire, you can get it in just about any thickness you want and then you know it will hold up. I would definitely find a stud to hang them from etc, as they may pull a sheet rock anchor out of the wall.

• Ken Ken on Dec 27, 2017
    Since you are not hanging these in your own home but rather preparing for sale, I would say that the leather loop would be your best bet. "heavy" is a relative term so to supply something easy for a variety of buyers to use without incurring liability if it fails? Make sure that it is good quality thick leather and the knot or hardware used to tie the loop shut is failsafe.

• Sally Frazier Sally Frazier on Dec 27, 2017
      Ken/ thank you, that is the smartest answer so far. And of course, I see that you are from PA, same as me. Thank you!