I have a bad piece of paneling that needs to be covered

Not all pieces are bad its in bedroom need to cover up with something one section which is top coating has splintered do not want to replace all the paneling just need quick fix it is rental property

  6 answers
  • Michele Pappagallo Michele Pappagallo on Dec 19, 2017
    Could you possibly use a sheet of peel and stick wallpaper to cover the bad area. Choose something that will match the decor of the room or add a pop of contrast. Then, you can remove it later if you no longer want it.

  • Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on Dec 19, 2017
    Good old varnish could do the repair, but I would pull off all the splintered area first, then sanded. You could hang a big mirror or picture on the repaired sheet. Screw the picture in on all four corners so it is obvious it is to stay mounted. Use an inexpensive mirror so you ca replace it if needed. Best wishes 😇

  • DesertRose DesertRose on Dec 19, 2017
    You could try painting the wall. We caulked ours, then painted with aroma free Kilz primer, then painted my favorite color, then sponge painted 2 shades of the same color but different shades. It really hid the rough spot that was about half of the wall. It was not visible at all. Some people use 3 different colors like red, then use a feather to add some black, then another to add some gold touches. It was really pretty and looked like wall paper. You might want to try something like that if you don't mind painting it.

  • Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Dec 19, 2017
    Painted panneling is a easy match, but matching the wood tone is going to be more difficult. We recently remodeled and removed a window and replaced new paneling over that now windowless spot.
    It was easy to patch with the replacement paneling since it was painted.

  • Flipturn Flipturn on Dec 19, 2017
    A rental property? Are you the renter or are you renting it out to someone else?

  • FL FL on Dec 19, 2017
    A mirror, a painting, a framed poster, a wall-mounted planter or a bookshelf.