I have lots of etching creme. What could I do with it?

+4
I purchased some letter stencils, but I'd like to do more with it.
Does anyone have an idea?
  • Lni13037545 Lni13037545 on Jun 10, 2017
    I etch glass. It is fun and easy and I etch everything...pitchers, glasses, candy dishes, candle holders and just about anything that is glass. It needs to be clear glass. I have found a lot of colored glass will not take the etching. Look on line many etching videos. You can find a lot of stencils they call over'over stencils. Good ones to learn on. Google glass etching and you'll find lots of info on how to do it. Then you will use more of the one time stencils also
    but practice with the over'n' over to learn on. It is easier than you might think I was surprised when I decided to try it. It makes great gifts and as you learn to do it you get more ideas. I also sell mine in a gift shop. What is the brand of your etching cream? I can't go into everything here there is to know and how to do it but you can find all that on the internet. Buy cheap glasses to learn with and practice from the dollar tree. If you have any questions I will check your site to answer. Good luck hope you like it!

• CJ CJ on Jun 13, 2017
    Dollar store is a great place to get all types of glass, and budget friendly

• Angela Cosner Angela Cosner on Jun 15, 2017
    I really like etched glasses as gifts!

• Rosemary Rosemary on Jun 15, 2017
    Like the DOG idea from Honeywell.com, you can use it to make glass gifts. On mirrors, tulip glasses, champagne or wine glasses. Even shot glasses you can use this produce. You can get the glasses from the dollar store. Enjoy!

• Sarah Elizabeth Sarah Elizabeth on Jun 23, 2017
    My grandmother monogrammed her front and back door for privacy. Looks beautiful.

• Sophia Boone Sophia Boone on Jun 24, 2017
    You can etch glasses/jars, use declarative stencils like flowers stars.. and gemstones. If you have glass from picture frames or mirror, you can etch scriptures... and/or decor.

You will need glue gun for gems.