I'm looking for some answers on how to hang pictures?

+2
I have a couple pictures over 3 and 4 feet wide. But, I heard it's not recommended to use any wire for hanging. Is this true? What are some other options. And don't tell me those sticky strips with Velcro! I don't trust them for a heavy picture!

• Swilkinson43 Swilkinson43 on Jun 17, 2017
    At the hardware store you can get the kind of hangers that have anchors, they go into the wall and give enough support for the bigger pictures that you won't have to worry about falling pictures. Ask for anchors for large pictures, they will know what to give you.

• FL FL on Jun 17, 2017
    Someone said not to use picture hanging wire? I am surprised. Maybe the artwork you are hanging is extra heavy? Either way, I would bring the framed artwork with me to a hardware store, framing department at Michael's, or a home store like Loews or Home Depot. Ask for help and they will set you up with the items you need to properly hang the frame for its size and weight.
    Good luck!

• Lora Lora on Jun 17, 2017
    My framers told us to use 2 hanging points for larger/heavier paintings. Much easier to keep straight and spreads the weight out. As long as you get both the hangers even.

• Cori Widen Cori Widen on Jun 18, 2017
      Exactly. If you have two or even three hanging points, it should be fine.

• Mir Graham Mir Graham on Jun 18, 2017
    What you are looking for a certain types of d-hooks for picture hanging. Depends on the weight of your pictures to determine if you can use a wire or not.