I need some ideas for a chore chart, etc. for two 10 year old boys!

+4
  • Rachel Rachel on Jun 08, 2017
    Do they have an electronic device (ie phone, ipad, etc)? If so, the choremonster app is amazingly great!

• Ann F Marcus Ann F Marcus on Jun 08, 2017
    I would get two slim cork boards with one titled "To do's" & the other "Done." Use different colors for each child....it would stand out as to who is winning & might encourage the other to get on the ball.....you also can get a visual of what is happening......monetary is always helpful....at the end of the week, the one who finishes all of them is rewarded with a money jar that says "Thank You" or a token for something, like a trip to the ice cream shop, etc. A game that might work.

• Rebecca Peterson Rebecca Peterson on Jun 08, 2017
    Here are two examples of what I did for my 8 & 6 year olds. They are now 12 & 10. We change up their chore every so often So they do not bored.

• Elizabeth Dion Elizabeth Dion on Jun 08, 2017
    List out the chores that you expect each child to complete, along with the day(s) of the week it is to be done or morning/evening chore. Attach a reward to the completion of each one versus an allowance. You can also use rewards such as an hour of computer/gaming time, etc.

• Sma12254424 Sma12254424 on Jun 11, 2017
    i use a chalk board with different colored half markers to designate which chores belong to which child.

• C. D. Scallan C. D. Scallan on Jun 11, 2017
    We had a schedule for what chore which child was expected to do on each day of the week . If all the chores were not done by the end of the week (on the expected days) privileges were lost and you waited until the next week to get your allowance . There were 4 of us growing up and my mother's house was spotless lol.