I want to put pictures on inside of my front door it's white steel

+3
  • Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Dec 07, 2017
    Your question got cut off because Hometalk only allows 70 spaces in that title part. :( I'm wondering if you want to know how to hang them. I would use Command hangers or even just the Velcro (hook & eye) strips using at least 4 per picture. Check the weight limit on the package to know if you've used enough. Wishing you the best!

• Susan S Susan S on Dec 07, 2017
    I would measure the width of the door and buy white headed screws shy of the width of the door but deep enough to to drill through the frames and through the door. You can carefully dab white paint on regular screws if you can match the color Or use a contrasting acrilic paint. You don’t want to go through the door. If you have a steel or wood door wth steel picture frames ask you local hardware store what implements to use. Be sure to measure the frame to the door then drill a pilot hole first through both the frame and the door. Then change to a required size drill bit to finish drilling. Be sure to measure the picture frame so it will be square before you drill...marking top to bottom of the frame on the door, and drill a pilot hole on the door where you want to locate the frame on the door before you drill the pilot hole. Then measure the frame to the pilot hole on the door. Your hardware store might have better directions.

• Command hooks is what I would use. They have a lot of options with various weight limits.

• Cindy Cindy on Dec 07, 2017
    I would hang a pretty ribbon on the door and attach the pics to the ribbon. Use a strong adhesive and glue the ribbon to the top surface of the door. Keeping the door closed will help keep the ribbon in place. This way you can avoid putting any holes in the door.

• Lwiler Lwiler on Dec 07, 2017
    I use a Heavy Duty Velcro for all my projects, from sewing to hanging. I buy it from Amazon, but a lot of places sell it. I use it so much I buy it in 15 ft rolls.

• FL FL on Dec 07, 2017
    Like a collage? Hmmm, never saw that before and would love to see the finished product. If you want to attach them with adhesive then cover them with a protective sealant, that could be an interesting work of art. Especially if you put together a grouping of all sizes of photos overlapping a bit to create cohesiveness. I'd consider using all ck and white copies so the originals are kept safe.