Want to make a Beachy Head board for my Cal King Bed!

+4
I m wanting ideas on how to make an easy & cheaply done Headboard for my Cal King Bed. Beach theme & thought maybe have a Look of weathered wood ? Or something along that line. Nothing fancy Just Simple. Thank You for your help.

Debbie
  • Cindy Cindy on Jun 02, 2017
    Hello Deborah, My husband and I have plans to make a head board with a door. We plan to go either to a salvage yard or a thrift store to find an old door. I would like to find a door with a little "character". If you can't find exactly what you're looking for, you can attach scrolls, appliques, etc. We plan to turn the door on it's side and attach some sort of mantle on top. We are going to secure it into the studs in the wall. You could achieve your beach theme by painting it a shade of blue and with pictures and knick-knacks. Hope this helps. Good luck.

• Tammy Tammy on Jun 03, 2017
    If your going for a beach look I would hang a large fishing net from wall. You could than add starfish and sand dollars to it. It would even look good with fairy lights strung behind it.

• Deborah Homsher Igo Deborah Homsher Igo on Jun 03, 2017
      thanks for your reply I have pretty much all the trimming s for the head board I just need to make the Headboard first so that's where I'm at!

• Suzette Suzette on Jun 06, 2017
    Hi Debbie, you could use pallet wood. You can usually find them free around town. Here's a link to a simple, easy to build beachy headboard: http://www.99pallets.com/pallet-headboards/build-a-simple-pallet-headboard/

• FL FL on Jun 07, 2017
    Hi! I found a few ideas for headboards made of driftwood. Hope you enjoy them!