What kind of contact paper I can use for my floor?

+5
  • Sandra Allen Sandra Allen on Dec 13, 2017
    I wouldn't use it at all. Some have but they never come back and say how much time before it was cut or rolled up. Contact paper is great for many things but is not meant to be walked on IMHO.

That said, some people have tried.

• Ken Ken on Dec 13, 2017
    Agree with Sandra. Unless there is another kind of Contact Paper, the stuff I know would be slippery as a slip-n-slide for a few days. Then any shoe traffic at all would likely destroy it in under a month, starting where tiny pieces of dirt got trapped under the adhesive.

Is there some issue with your floor that you would not want to do a job that would have a chance of long-term success?

• CeCe CeCe on Dec 15, 2017
      I was just thinking if I can change the tile floor in my little kitchen. Thank you for the advice 🤗

• Sherry Sherry on Dec 14, 2017
    Ollies and Dollar General sells self stick floor squares for cheap like $20 for a box of 20-25. I did a laundry room floor with 3 boxes.

• Pamela R Pamela R on Dec 14, 2017
    Contact paper is not meant for foot traffic.

• Fiddledd224 Fiddledd224 on Dec 15, 2017
    I would NOT use Contact Paper for floors. Not only would it not hold up but it could be extremely slippery when wet.

• 2dogal 2dogal on Dec 16, 2017
    Please don't unless you plan on covering it with lots of coats of polyurethane. Contact paper is too thin for foot traffic and you'll have a mess taking it up when it wears through.

• Ken Ken on Dec 16, 2017
    If you already have vinyl tile, which is easy to remove using a heat gun to soften the adhesive, why not replace it with new vinyl tile? You can get a fresh new look for not much more than you would spend for Contact paper. There are several choices, like at homedepot.com, or anywhere that sells flooring for less than $1 a square foot. It will last until you get tired of it.