What to do with photos of loved ones and pets who have passed away

+3
  • Deanie Hoffman Deanie Hoffman on Dec 18, 2017
    We make special photo Christmas ornaments of the past people and pets.

• Molly Anmar Molly Anmar on Dec 18, 2017
    If I were in your shoes, I'd make a scrapbook/photo album with your treasured photos. They'll be easy to access from the bookshelf and your pictures will be protected from light damage/fading. You'll really want to make sure and label them so people in the future will have a reference.

• Debbie Debbie on Dec 18, 2017
    if you want to keep them, store them in labeled 9 x 12 envelopes in Tupperware or similar sealed plastic container. They are sensitive to extreme temperatures and moisture. Or photograph your photos with your camera phone or other digital camera and store them digitally in your computer, flash drive or CD. Also there are companies who perform this service for a fee.

• Peg Peg on Dec 18, 2017
    I had this issue...so I bought a box of see-thru binder pages and then placed a piece of paper inside with the photos attached with labels such as date and who was in the photo.

• Joy30150932 Joy30150932 on Dec 18, 2017
    I would do up a new album just for the dearly departed and you could add obit notices if there are any.

• SandyG SandyG on Dec 18, 2017
    You can also have photos transferred to DVD or memory sticks. It is a hard thing to get rid of personal photos, but they take up so much room. Another idea is to ask the family if anyone is interested in any of the photos and pass them off for them to enjoy.