What style are the two headboards below.

+4
The first bed is wood and painted light green. The second bed is all wood and I really want to find it if anyone knows the name of it.
q why style are the two headboards below
Found at goodwill and I‘m going to strip the paint off and stain. Would like to know the style?
Saw this bed at a open house and want to know the headboard style? I would love to find this bed.
  • 2dogal 2dogal on Dec 19, 2017
    Dunno about the painted headboard. The second looks like an antique from the picture. Please, do not paint it if you find one. Painted furniture ruins the value of antiques.

• Gol17361021 Gol17361021 on Dec 20, 2017
    The first is Early Americana, the Second is Queen Anne.

On the first one I would remove the paint, give it a light sanding and polyurethane it to protect the natural wood.

On the Queen Anne piece, which is definitely an antique, (there should be a marking on it), I would highly suggest washing it with Murphys oil soap, let it thoroughly dry and rub Orange Oil into it. That will bring out the natural wood notes and give it new life, one thing about wood, it needs to breathe, especially aged wood. Very beautiful piece.

• Barbara Daly Barbara Daly on Dec 20, 2017
    French / Queen Anne

• Shoshana Shoshana on Dec 20, 2017
    Great finds!

• Emily Emily on Dec 20, 2017
    I would say both beds are "in the style of" rather than authentic pieces. The bed you bought at Goodwill is similar to one I bought at a church sale and chose to upholster. both your bed and mine have cabriole legs. I do not think you will do any damage to your bed by painting or staining it.

• V Smith V Smith on Dec 20, 2017
    The white headboard looks like a stylized/modernized version of French Provincial (curved top and cabriole legs). If that paint is a factory finish you may not like what you find under the paint and it may not be suitable for stain.
    The dark bed looks large, like a king or queen, so I doubt it is antique. It appears to be a version of a Cameo bed. Ashley has a similar headboard call Korabella. I don't think you will have too much trouble finding a similar bed.