Here is a fun craft tutorial that you can do with the kids this winter: Snowmen Family Toilet Paper Roll Craft. This is an easy one to do since you can probably find most of the craft supplies for this already at your house. I love coming up with ways to upcycle objects that normally end up in the trash can - and this is a fun way to incorporate the use toilet paper rolls into a kids activity.
Snowmen Family Toilet Paper Roll Craft
What’s Needed to Make Snowmen Family Toilet Paper Roll Craft:
* Empty Toilet Paper Tubes/Paper Towel Tubes
* Orange Tic Tacs
* Colored Glitter Glue Pens
* Assorted Colors of Felt
* Pipe Cleaners
* Wiggly Eyes
* White Acrylic Paint
* Assorted Colors of Poms
* Hot Glue Gun and Scissors
1. Cut your tubes to desired sizes and paint them white with acrylic paint. I like using the black foam brushes for this one - it covers a lot of surface at once. Let it fully dry before you start to decorate your snowman.
2. Next, cut your pipe cleaners to approximately 3 inches. Cut the felt into 9 inch strips and cut little fringe into each end of the strips.
3. Using your hot glue gun, glue on the eyes, tic tac nose, scarf, and buttons or poms.
You will of course end up eating a few of the "noses." :)
4. Next, draw on a mouth with the glitter glue pens. You can also add other facial features like eye lashes or even glasses!
5. Bend the pipe cleaners and glue the ends to each side of the snowman's head. Then, glue a little pom onto each end of the pipe cleaner to make it look like a little pair of earmuffs.
Your snowman is complete! Now keep making a few more so that you create an entire Snowmen Family. Your kids could even use these as puppets and tell a story using them!
Looking for another cute craft idea using toilet paper rolls? Check out this Toilet Paper roll wreath!
Resources for this project:See all materials
Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.More info
Want more details about this and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!
Published January 18th, 2018 1:34 PM
Laura Saloom on Jan 23, 2018very cute! Add a large white pom pom to the top to hide the tube interior. It can be made from a skein of white yarn by winding it around your fingers a bunch of times, slip off and tightly tie a piece of yarn around middle and clip each end open. Hot glue it to the top!