Dressing up a difficult wall.
When we remodeled our kitchen/famiy room, we had a small hallway wall that contained a thermostat, triple light switch, phone connection and doorbell. We knew we would never be able to hang a picture there, so while I was doing the venetian plaster treatment, I decided to dress it up by taping off the area, cutting out a design and adding another layer of the plaster to make a design. The same thing can be done with drywall mud and then painted. I got the same color paint as the plaster and painted the thermostat and doorbell cover to make them blend in.
Published August 16th, 2012 12:01 PM
2 of 8 comments