Faux Shiplap Peel and Stick Wood Paneled Wall
Learn how to install a faux shiplap accent wall in your home. These peel and stick wood planks give you the look of shiplap, but because they are peel and stick- you can create a faux shiplap accent wall in just a few hours. Made out of real, thin wood these wood panels are lightweight and easy to apply.
These peel and stick wood planks are super-thin, real wood with adhesive strips on the back.
The bathroom before.
This is the bathroom that is in the main hallway and the one that guests use when they come visit. This renovation took considerably less time than the master bathroom. Mostly because I didn’t need to replace the flooring or add texture to the walls (I did that a few years ago) so instead of taking a very long six months to get it finished like the last bathroom, I got everything completed in just a few weeks.
- Make sure the surface of your wall is clean and perfectly dry.
- Use a level to ensure the planks are level as you are working.
- Make a few lines on the wall as a guide to keep the planks level.
- Peel the back off the panel and press it firmly to the wall.
- Use a J roller to apply even pressure to the panel to help activate the pressure activated adhesive.
- If any of the planks need to be trimmed, mark where the wood will be cut and then use a saw to cut it to size.
Not necessarily. My bathroom had really bad, old baseboards at the bottom of the wall. I’m not even sure you could call them baseboards. I was going to replace them anyways so I ripped them off the wall before I started.
When I measured my walls and planned my application I noticed that If I worked my way down the wall there would be about a 2.5 inch gap between the bottom of the wood panels and the floor.
Watch the installation video here.
Enjoyed the project?
- Peel and stick wood panels (Woody Walls)
- J Roller (Woody Walls)
- Level (home depot)
- Tape measure (hardware store)
- Chop saw (lowes)
Frequently asked questions
Have a question about this project?
Join the conversation
SofttailToni on Apr 11, 2021
I wish you would answer! Cuz I want to know the same questions. 🎼Hello...is🎵 anybody🎶 in their? ✌😁
Where can you find naterials
Are the planks printable? In the Bathroom do we need to seal them?
Yes where can I fine these stick on planks! Plus, like Laura do u need to seal them?!