How to hang non pasted wall paper?

• Carrie Pendergast Carrie Pendergast on Jul 01, 2018
    You will need to get some paste. It is available anyplace that sells wallpaper. (It is most often cellulose based) You can either brush it on or roll it on. (Small roller I find works best for full coverage.) Place a plastic drop sheet on the floor to enable you to get the paste right to the edges......paper good side down...roll paste on back, important to make sure you have the back FULLY covered in paste right to the edges. Some excess may come out at seam when appling but this is easily wiped away. (Wipe any bulk Excess when appling but wait till paper is DRY to do final clean wipe, as wiping wet paper can disturb placement and or cause rips)........ it's really not that hard or difficult to do...just extra steps of appling paste (and there are no water trays needed) have fun and good luck!

• Chas' Crazy Creations Chas' Crazy Creations on Jul 01, 2018
    I'm not sure if the kind you bought was the hybrid contact paper/wall paper? If so you, I put some of that up in my laundry room and you can see the video here of how I put mine up - https://www.hometalk.com/31592013/inexpensive-laundry-room-makeover?r=2

• Zard Pocleeb Zard Pocleeb on Jul 01, 2018
    I would highly recommend steering away from the non-pasted variety. But if your heart is set on it, you cut your wallpaper to size, with a little left over, and keep in mind that if you have to match the pattern along the edge you will need enough extra for that. Then take your piece of paper, lay it down where you can work with the full length, and apply the glue. Fold the paper in half, and let it set for a few minutes so the glue can begin to ”set up“. Read the instructions on the can of glue, and it will tell you exactly how long to let it set. While the glue is setting up, take a long level (at least 6’), or a laser level, and use this line to hang your first piece of paper. Then just repeat, repeat, repeat.