How could I disguise old panelling without removing it from my walls?

+1
I painted it which is the obvious answer. But still....yuck! I know the walls are not good so i can't really remove it. And i can't afford not have the time to remove and clean up what is going to fall and install drywall. Ugggh!!!

• Darlene Ernst Darlene Ernst on Jun 15, 2018
    My aunt had someone come in and paper over her paneled living room walls and it looked gorgeous. They molded the paper down into the vertical grooves so it looked like pre-made decorative panels. I don't think it would be that hard to do and I'm sure someone has posted info on the internet about it.

• Jcraw Jcraw on Jun 15, 2018
    They do sell a wallpaper liner for paneling.
    Or you can skim-coat over it. First tou have to make sure all nails are securely deep enough in the so they don’t pop. I’d practice in a “hidden” spot to be comfortable with the big wall.

i hope this helps.

• Deana Thaxton Samms Deana Thaxton Samms on Jun 15, 2018
    You can spackle the grooves and wallpaper over.

• Chris Keating-Ingelse Chris Keating-Ingelse on Jun 16, 2018
    Or, you can do a board and batten look with 1X2 boards (got any pallets laying around?) or strips of plywood. You can cover the grooves and measure between the grooves to figure out the placement for the rest of the vertical pieces, then add horizontal pieces. Fancy trim at the top of the wall is optional.