How do I make change my walls with round corners to flat?

My joining walls are rounded instead of flat. I am getting ready to paint the walls two different colors and I did fairly well atmaking a straight line with the painter's tape. However, knowing that I struggle with being a perfectionist, I would rather have flat corners. Can someone tell me what materials I would need and instruct me on how to do this? I try to avoid frustrations.I would be so grateful.

  2 answers
  • 2dogal 2dogal on Jan 24, 2019

    What you want is a process. The corners would have to be removed: the wall board and wood framing. Then new 90 degree corners would have to be framed in and new wallboard installed. Then if there is any texturizing on the existing walls, the new corners would have to be textured to match and blended with the existing wall texture. Like I said, a process...

    Drawing a straight line with a straight 6 ft 1 X 1 board tacked to the wall might be easier. Use a level to make sure the board is straight when tacking on the wall.

    • Noni Noni on Jan 24, 2019

      Thank you so much. I knew it was going to take a little work but since I enjoy painting and changing my decor from time to time it would be worth it.

      I'm going to save this in my home remodel file.

      Have a great day.