I have a bathroom with small wall spaces.

+3
I want to tear down the existing wall paper and texture/paint the walls. I don't know how to texture. Any suggestions.

• Reenaroc Reenaroc on Jul 02, 2018
    Hi Kathy, I LOVE the ideas & products from "Modern Masters". They have wonderful pictures & I think videos. I know there are good U Tube videos too. I was watching them when I was thinking about doing some of my ceilings. There are cool rollers out there to make it a lot easier also. Good Luck

• Dfm Dfm on Jul 02, 2018
    Most texture used on walls is called orange peel texture, it’s drywall mud shot thru a sprayer. You can rent the needed items, but cost out the job....how much to rent the equipment, vs, having a pro come in. You will need to cover sinks, commodes, tubs.

• You could do shiplap. We did shiplap behind the toilet in our small bathroom and I love it. https://www.makingmanzanita.com/how-to-install-a-faux-shiplap-wall/

• Kathy Kathy on Jul 03, 2018
    thanks for the suggestion.

• Bijous Bijous on Jul 03, 2018
    Hi Kathy, texturing walls can be done with drywall mud or with plaster-of-paris. For your bathroom, I suggest drywall mud. Drywall mud, also known as joint compound can be smeared onto the wall and you can give it a number of textures: rough - that is when you use a trough, put it on the mud then pull quickly towards you. It pulls the mud into peaks. Then there are swirls and doing a rough texture then flattening out the rough peaks. I suggest you get some mud (it's fairly cheap) and practice on heavy cardboard until you get the technique down you like before tackling your walls. Good luck.