What should I use over printed wall boards that will cover?

Its an older mobile home and they have those factory printed wall boards that look like wall paper.

  6 answers
  • DD DD on Jun 18, 2018
    I am not sure what printed wall boards are do you have a picture or can you explain what this is I will do my best to help you, unless this link helps

  • 31h27445073 31h27445073 on Jun 18, 2018
    You can use a paint with a primer works just fine

  • Lois Katerski Lois Katerski on Jun 18, 2018
    Paint as you would any wall. That's what I did right over the design. Mine wasn't a very obvious design.

  • Sam Sam on Jun 18, 2018
    That is exactly what I found when I bought an 80's single wide. I pulled off all the trim pieces. I used joint compound and tpe for all the seams and corners. Watch You Tube tutorials to learn to do this. It's not difficult with a bit of practice. I used a light texture, paint and primer in one. The walls look great and not very "mobile-ish".

  • 27524803 27524803 on Jun 18, 2018
    To DD... many mobile homes have a printed dry wall... most of the surface has a vinyl wall paper feel to it.... it will pull off,,, BUT... in many cases it takes the "paper surface" of the dry wall with it... leaving just the gypsum

    To 31h27.... paint and primer do NOT always stick to this type of drywall surface... any bump or scrape leaves a gouge in the paint and in some cases it just peels right off.... it has to be oil based primer and paint unless you resurface the drywall with a product similar to popcorn ceiling.... just a smoother texture... like a smooth orange peel.... we rented a machine to do ours... one without the hopper on the gun itself.

  • Cynthia H Cynthia H on Jun 18, 2018
    I remember those from when we had a mobile home. Some were actual paper, and you could remove it. The rest was a vinyl type print. Those, you could use sealer on and then paint. I used Kilz.