Have you thought about painting a doormat with Dixie Belle Paint before? Simply Today Life created a custom doormat!
She found that the easiest way to keep the stencil centered and to keep it in place was to use painters tape. The painter’s tape will keep your stencil from sliding around when you are painting the letters, plus it doesn’t ruin your new mat.
- Tape down your stencil
- Dab paint on each letter.
- Once you finished painting all of your letters gently remove the stenciling from the mat.
- Take the stencil outdoor and clean off paint.
- Allow your mat to dry for 24 hours.
- Spray some of the Dixie Belle Wax Finish Spray to protect the letters.
Decorate your front door!
So, using Dixie Belle Wax Spray covering the lettering part of the mat with two coatings. This will create a barrier on the mat so that water doesn’t sit or penetrate. Especially with all the Florida rain, we get in the summer!!
That’s it! A super easy and budget-friendly craft that will keep you busy all year long with seasonal ideas.