Can I paint vinyl bathroom flooring to make it look much better?

+2
  • Gretchen Williams Arrant Gretchen Williams Arrant on Jun 24, 2018
    You can, with a porch and garage floor paint. 2 coats of primer and 2 coats of paint. Your local hardware can help you with the proper paint.

• B. Enne B. Enne on Jun 24, 2018
    I've done it in bright white. It wouldn't be my first choice, but it will tide you over until you can put something else. Don't let water pool on it too long.
    I used Zinsser BIN 123 shellac based primer, paint (2 coats?) and then a clear polycrylic (2 coats) . I added a coat of outdoor porch paint last year to freshen it up. I have only used acrylic paint, since we don't have oil paint anymore. It has now been 4 years??? I think... The best was the paint with the polycrylic on top, but that takes too long, and I would rather just quickly refresh it with porch paint.
    It still looks a lot better than the old, yellowed, dirty-looking vinyl.

• Dee Dee on Jun 24, 2018
    You can but it will not last because of moisture. You are better off buying some peel and stick tiles. Very inexpensive and replacing the vinyl. You can put that over the old flooring if in decent shape. Or go to a discount tile or Habitat for Humanity and pick up some cheap tiles. Our Habitat sells tiles for 25 cents each.

• B. Enne B. Enne on Jun 24, 2018
      Sometimes peel and stick tile and vinyl flooring remnants are cheaper than buying the primer, paint and polycrylic.

I have not had trouble with moisture. I wash the floor, and have had water spill on it, but I wipe it up like any other floor, and it has been fine so far.