How to repair carpet?

+3
How can I fix carpet around the air conditioning vents that has pulled away and frayed.
q carpet repair
  • Tinyshoes Tinyshoes on Jun 14, 2018
    Might look for a larger vent cover that could go over the carpet more.

• Linda B. Linda B. on Jun 14, 2018
    I'd take a putty knife and use it to push as much of the carpet back under it. If you have a piece of left over matching carpet you can take small pieces and work some in and glue down. I'd try cutting some of the pile off the extra piece of carpet and work it in around the vent. If you have the carpet in your closet that will match use a small piece from there. Good Luck.

• Betty Byars Allen Betty Byars Allen on Jun 26, 2018
    Linda, Thank you ,I will do that

• Nicholasbe Nicholasbe on Apr 14, 2021

That is some great advice!

• Josephung Josephung on Apr 14, 2021

Yeah, totally agree! I also prefer repairing the carpet instead of buying a new one... I become too attached to the things that stay in my apartment for more than 1 year. I have this one carpet that has been in my room for 6 years now! I remember the time I thought I had to get a new one because of an accident... My wife decided to rip off a thread from it, and you can imagine what happened next. It was deformed :( I was utterly devastated. Then, my wife has found these guys https://radiantcarpetrepairs.com.au/carpet-repairs-geelong/ that managed to bring my carpet back to life. I am so glad it was fixed... I really wasn't in the mood to buy a new one.