Does composite decking fade?

+2
  • Hillela G. Hillela G. on Jun 11, 2017
    Many of the composite decking companies have beautiful brochures with images of elaborate decks of different colors and looks, many of these companies will not show you the deck several years later when it is faded from contact with the sunlight. I know wood decking can fade too, but you can re-stain wood. There are some products out that claim to restore the composite decking to near new conditions, I cannot speak to the validity of the products, but it might be worth some research

• Mar24430354 Mar24430354 on Jun 11, 2017
    Yes it does fade. We made the mistake of putting a mat under the grill and this is the amount of fading after one year. I still prefer composite over wood, but buy with the color it will fade to- not the color it is - in mind.

• Teresa Teresa on Jun 11, 2017
      Yes, our sunny, uncovered deck has faded. It took about 2 yrs.

• Debbie Wilkinson Debbie Wilkinson on Jun 11, 2017
    Yes they fade and stain as well, however they Dave come out with some very nice stains that work well and will change the overall appearance. I stained mine about 3 years ago and it still looks great. And the stain gives it a textured more woody look.

• Michele Michele on Jun 11, 2017
    I have seen Trex brand fade.