Can you put contact paper on a wood floor?

+2

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Jan 01, 2019

You probably can, but contact paper on something like a well traveled floor will not hold up for long.

• Deb K Deb K on Jan 01, 2019

Hi, here is a hometalk link for this, the answer is yes

https://www.hometalk.com/26279125/apartment-friendly-faux-wood-floors-with-contact-paper?expand_all_questions=1

• I wouldn't recommend it. Contact paper is just not strong enough to stand up to that kind of wear and tear, and it would be extremely slippery. If your wood floor is in horrible condition and you don't want to restore it, you could paint it with floor enamel paint LIKE THIS. It'd be a lot less expensive than contact paper too. Or you could go over it with a floating floor. Here is a post from my DIY & decorating blog SimpleDecoratingTips.com where I show the luxury vinyl plank floor we had installed in our newly renovated house.

• Kmdreamer Kmdreamer on Jan 04, 2019

It will come off why don’t you stencil and paint

• K K on Jan 05, 2019

There are papers made for this, that fall into the same family as contact paper- like contact papers cousin. It goes by film, vinyl, laminate, wrap, - the same stuff you use for counter tops.