How to cut down a carpet?

Help! My carpet is too big for the living room...any ideas about cutting it down?

• Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Jun 16, 2018
    Who layed the carpet down ? Was it installed by a carpet place? If you did this yourself, you'll need to use shears to cut the carpet. It also has to be taunt, before you ajust it. Also where will you attached it, and what to ? You need a strip on the boarder at the wall, to attach the carpet.

• April Greene April Greene on Jun 16, 2018
      Sorry, I guess I should of said a finished rug so I know if I cut it the ends will fray.

• Liv Liv on Jun 16, 2018
    I am not totally sure as I don't know what brand of rug it is. I would suggest contacting the company that made your rug's customer support.

• Bijous Bijous on Jun 16, 2018
    If it's a cheap rug, cut it with a box cutter (you may need to use several new blades) and secure with quarter round. It will be wall-to-wall. If it's not cheap, have it professionally cut. I had moth damage to several oriental rugs (and didn't like the fringe anyway) and had them done. Rug, not carpet, stores usually do this.