How do you remove carpet from mobile home bathroom floor ?

+2
  • Joe Gemmill Joe Gemmill on Jul 01, 2018
    In my experience the wall framing is set ON TOP of the carpet, which goes down first. That being said, buy a METAL carpet knife, not a wimpy plastic one. Carefully pry off the base molding, if any. Begin cutting the carpet at the wall edge. Chances are you will hit the installation staples and eat a lot of blades. Once you get a loose section, make cuts out into the room and roll it up like sod. If it's GLUE-DOWN, you may want to rent a carpet scraper or a slide hammer scraper. Carpet in bathrooms is no longer code. Consider LVT or sheet vinyl. Good luck.

• Beth Beth on Jul 01, 2018
    We did this years ago, and I agree with the above answer. Cut it along the wall with a good blade. Ours wasn’t glued, so it came up easily. We swept & then put down linoleum and quarter round. Good luck!

• Mogie Mogie on Jul 01, 2018
    Is the carpet glued down or on carpet pad/tack strips? If on carpet pad just cut into 2 foot lengths and roll it up, remove pad and tack strips. You may need to patch some hole where the tack strip was nailed down.

• Imjhale Imjhale on Jul 02, 2018
    See first answer. Is what I found and what I did, replaced with vinyl linoleum. I've also used (elsewhere) good vinyl stick on tiles bought on closeout. Also check Habitat for Humanity for snail amounts of tile, wood flooring etc.