How do I replace the floor in a laundry room?

My dads washing machine had a leak and it caused the floor to dip in the middle coming apart from the molding

• Take everything out of the room, yes a pain, but necessary. Take up existing flooring and inspect sub floor. Hopefully it isn't too moldy or rotten or affected the floor joists. Let everything dry out and replace what is necessary. Add new flooring. Put everything back.

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Dec 31, 2018

What flooring is having a problem and what is underneath it? We could use a little more information to give you and your dad suggestions.

• Melinda McWhite Melinda McWhite on Dec 31, 2018

There's only a crawl space underneath our house. The laundry room floor where the washing machine was has caused the floor to cave in

It sounds like the wood in the underlayment and the floor joists are rooting due to the water. I would do as Naomie suggests, you need to repair the floor before the washing machine and other things are in the crawl space.