How to eliminate squeaks from a wooden floor,50 year old?

+1
Floor squeaks in the areas that are walked on most, we live in a high ranch so there's no access to the floors underneath because we have other living space and dry wall ceilings

• this link has a section on how to attempt to fix squeaks when you can't access below.

• Lisa Knecht Lisa Knecht on Jan 05, 2018
    Sprinkle some baby powder in the seams of the hardwood flooring if you have hardwood. If carpeted, try to locate the floor joists with a stud finder and put screws through the carpet and subfloor into the floor joist

• Deb Deb on Jan 05, 2018
    Place talc powder between groves to eliminate squeaks

• William William on Jan 05, 2018
    Yeah the baby powder won't last. What I did after removing carpeting which I hated. I located the squeaks and marked them with painters tape. Then I drilled two 1/8' holes an inch apart at an angle facing each other. Nailed 6 to 8 penny finish nails into the holes. Countersunk the nails and filled with Minwax Blend Fil pencils. The angle of the nails pull and hold the floorboards down.