Is cement staining difficult?

I was thinking of removing the carpet in my sun room and doing some type of decorative concrete staining instead of replacing the carpet. Has anyone out there tried it and if so what tips can you offer?
    • Alonda Clinton Alonda Clinton on Jun 02, 2017
      Thank you for the link. Great information. I think we will be brave and give it a try.

• Erin Hugar Chavez Erin Hugar Chavez on Jun 02, 2017
    We took up our fake wood planks (due to water damage) with the intent to stain the concrete underneath. We found TONS of carpet glue! If we would have rented one of those huge sanders/buffers we could have gotten it all up; but instead we painted our concrete floor. It still looks really cool and is MUCH more forgiving than stain! We blew fine glitter on the floor right when the paint was put down, before the varnish. That's a cool addition... :)

• Alonda Clinton Alonda Clinton on Jun 03, 2017
    Sounds interesting. So you paint then put down a varnish to seal it and make the paint stand up to traffic. I like the glitter idea as well. What a whimsical touch! Thank you for the idea. I may have the same problem with the room I'm wanting to do because I believe the carpet may be glued down. So now I have a plan B!