Is it hard to take carpeting out of a room?

+2
  • PatPJ PatPJ on Jun 17, 2018
    Nah... you just need a pry bar and hammer to take the take strips out. There will be lots of staples in the floor holding the carpet pad. Try needle nose or other pliers for those.

• Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Jun 17, 2018
    Hi Lisa,
    I think it depends on what you mean by hard. :) It will take some work to do it right, but the process is pretty easy. Click on the link below to see all of the steps and tips to help you along. Wishing you the best.

• Gk Gk on Jun 17, 2018
    If the room is large--cut the carpet into strips with a box cutter/razor blade and pull up in strips. Easier to roll up and carry out that way. And for the tack strips--a pliers and a screw driver. Not hard. If the carpet has been glued to the floor you might have a foam residue left behind that you will have to scrape off.

• Bijous Bijous on Jun 17, 2018
    The carpet is easy; just buy a carpet knife with several blades and cut into sections. What's hard are the tack strips -- especially if they're in concrete! Use a small crow bar for that part of the job. Good luck.

• Brenda Brandt Deason Brenda Brandt Deason on Jun 17, 2018
    Removing carpet is heavy and dirty, and the fibers can be itchy, but it is easy. Tack strips are more of a challenge! I’ve removed all of my carpet, mostly by myself. Hint: if you have help, don’t let them leave until it is all done. They might not want to come back.