Laying engineered laminate floors to match my kitchen and dining room.

+9
2 years before the father of my children passed away he helped me with a huge remodel. We had great bonding time(he had leukemia) he was busy with the house and I was busy doing things for our daughters wedding(a lot of things). I would take a break from wedding things(a much needed break ;) to help him. I need to finish what we started. I would like to pull up the cheap carpet I quickly had laid down and finish the floors. I do not want to pull up what he did, it means way to much to me and my girls. Any advice would really help me in my next step to finishing.

• Dee Dee on Jun 22, 2018
    Can you still buy the same flooring material? or look for something really close to put down where you need to pull up the carpet. My heart breaks for you because losing your husband must be the hardest thing to live with.

• Mogie Mogie on Jun 22, 2018
    I am very sorry for you lose. Your husband would want you take do what is necessary to make life better for you and your daughters. Just remember the wonderful things he did will always be alive in your heart. Make your home and your life great as a way of honoring him.

• Kate Hollingsworth Kate Hollingsworth on Jun 22, 2018
    If you can’t find an exact match for the current flooring, simply add a transition strip between the old and new. Best of luck, our hearts go out to you. xx

• Cheryl Hagen Cheryl Hagen on Jun 22, 2018
    Thank you

• Ginny Ferreira Eastwood Ginny Ferreira Eastwood on Jun 23, 2018
    You could pull up what your husband put down and make it into something else. When my husband died I had his red bathrobe made into some small pillows. One is even in the shape of a heart.

• Dee Dee on Jun 23, 2018
    Did you try online stores? Search for the name of the floor if you have it, or just go to Lumber Liquidators and see if they have something similar. Good Luck.

• Dee Dee on Jun 24, 2018
    What are the different areas you are looking at. If it is an entirely different room, you could just get something really close and use a strip to separate the rooms. Or you could put an area rug near the different area to separate the colors.

• Cheryl Hagen Cheryl Hagen on Jun 24, 2018
    Hmmm... that maybe the answer! Thank you!

• Dee Dee on Jun 26, 2018
    Try calling I floor. or factory direct, they have discontinued flooring.

• Cheryl Hagen Cheryl Hagen on Jun 26, 2018

Great idea. Thank you.