Major rainfall flooded our basement how do I find out where leak is?

+3
  • I would have a roof inspection and see shat that turns up. Or you can just drag a hose up to the roof and start watering and follow the water till you find the leak. Here are a couple links for things to check and get you started. Good luck!

• William William on Jun 16, 2017
    If it was clear water it wasn't sewer backup. No visible signs left where it may have come from! You will have to wait for the next rain fall to see where it came from. Could be anywhere. Walls, foundation, floor (hydrostatic pressure), french drain if you have one.

• Pat21677132 Pat21677132 on Jun 16, 2017
    Thank u all I will certainly check them all😊

• Ginny Ginny on Jun 16, 2017
    How much rain? You might live in an area with a high water table. Do you have a sump pump? If electric goes out in bad weather, you will need a gas generated sump pump for use OUTSIDE the house. Using a gas generated sump pump inside will kill you. Call a reputable waterproofing specialist in your area.

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Jun 16, 2017
    Next time it rains send someone up in the attic to see if it is the roof, otherwise it most likely is coming in somewhere in the basement, maybe behind the walls if you can't see where it is coming from. My parents kept having water in the carpet in the basement, they didn't realize it was actually the drain next to the sliding glass door was clogging up and it was coming in through the sliding glass door. My Dad put in a French drain and they watched the drain for leaves and seeds and never had a problem again. So, it could be something simple, but I probably would have someone check it out.

• Just peachy Just peachy on Jun 16, 2017
    You'd have to wait for the next time it rains Heavily. Just call an expert, get an idea of what's going on.