New concrete job looks bad?


I hired a recommended person to pour cement. Never was there any talk of watering needed. It has blueish streaks, which feel slimy when wet, ground is unleveled. Did not pay too much considering the other prices. What can I do?

  12 answers
  • I would contact the contractor that did the work.

  • Redcatcec Redcatcec on Jul 11, 2021

    Yes, get a hold of the contractor that did the job. Take pictures, better yet bring them out to see what you are talking about. It sounds like a job lacking in quality and they need to fix it without excuses.

    In the meantime have professionals come over and evaluate your concrete job and get free estimates on what went wrong and how to fix it. That way you'll be ready for any flack they may try to give you.

    • Dee Dee on Jul 12, 2021

      Wow your advice is spot on. Make a record of all phone calls too. But first reach out to the contractor.

  • Janice Janice on Jul 11, 2021

    I agree with all of "Redcatcec's" recommendations. Is the contactor you used licensed and insured?

  • Mogie Mogie on Jul 11, 2021

    That is why is costs less in the long run to hire a pro for certain projects. I know I have tried to save a few bucks and had a "handyman" do the work and I got what I paid for.

    Call the person who did the work and talk to them about this but if they aren't licensed and bonded you might have a problem.

  • William William on Jul 11, 2021

    Call the contractor back to correct the problem. Take Redcatcec advice. You may need to sue the contractor in small claims court

  • Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Jul 11, 2021

    Agree with the above posters contact your contractor. You may want to start a file of your actions with photographs in case court proceedings is necessary. Hope you find the correct remediation for your project.

  • Mogie Mogie on Jul 11, 2021

    Log or record everything. Every phone call and remember to include the time and who you spoke with. You need to make a paper trail. Good luck!!!

  • Betsy Betsy on Jul 11, 2021

    Hi Adeline: Take ;pictures of the concrete, text the contractor (this way you will have proof of what was said by both parties) to come and fix the problem. If he/she won't, contact other contractors and get estimates, in writing on business head paper, and if you have to sue the contractor, you are covered. I hope it doesn't come to that, but if it does, you are prepared. And, yes, you can sue someone who is not licensed and/or bonded.

    Good luck

  • Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Jul 12, 2021

    If you are wanted it corrected, the existing will have to be etched with grooves for a new layer of ready mix to adhere.

  • Flipturn Flipturn on Jul 12, 2021

    Unless you have a contract specifying the exact work to be completed to customer's satisfaction, which has been signed by both you and the contractor, unfortunately there may not be any chance of taking legal action against the person whom you hired.

  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jul 13, 2021

    Hi, Call back the person who did the work and ask them about the problem.

  • Kmdreamer Kmdreamer on Jul 14, 2021

    Call him back or call someone else to fix it