Modern ideas for resurfacing ceilings?

+2
I have flat ceilings in every room. No depth or dimension. Any modern ideas which would hide imperfections but not look overwhelming in small rooms?
  • Cbh16730329 Cbh16730329 on Jun 04, 2017
    I would use a small print wallpaper on the ceilings. I did this once in my living room and I loved it. Need a friend to help.:)

• Wallpaper, tin ceilings, beadboard. Or just paint a very subtle color. If you have ceiling lights, add a medallion.

• BonBon BonBon on Jun 05, 2017
    I had a popcorn cathedral ceiling. Scraped the popcorn off (I recommend leaving it unless using wallpaper, such a huge mess), had breadboard hung and it revamped the entire room. When I sold it I know that was a major selling point as the person (2nd to look at it) stated they wanted this house as soon as entered living room from kitchen. Metal tins would also look amazing.

• Michele Pappagallo Michele Pappagallo on Jun 05, 2017
    We did something called "knock down"...you use joint compound with a textured roller, roll small sections at a time, wait a few minutes for it to harden a little bit, then use a large flat scraper to "knock down" the texture as much as you like. We left ours with a very subtle texture, and then painted it when it dried. Looks beautiful and helps to hide any imperfections. You can Google knock down texture
    for some idea of the final look.

• Jody Price Jody Price on Jun 12, 2017
    You could use bead board or shiplap and seal it.