What glue should be used to stick supposedly self-stick tiles?

+3
We took up the carpet that was down in the dining room. A hard wood floor is there but it is damaged and would need a lot of work to get it up to par, which I am not able to do. We bought some cheap tiles from Fred's, but they do not stick well. What will make them stick?

• Joyce Holloway Joyce Holloway on Dec 29, 2017
    I used regular tile glue

• William William on Dec 29, 2017
    Try using tile mastic. But the floor needs to be solid and level.

• Joyce Smith Joyce Smith on Dec 30, 2017
      Thank you, William.

I am not so sure the floor is level, because between my husband and my dog it has been damaged. My dog is not house trained and he warped some of the boards, then my husband busted a huge hole in the floor to get to a leak under the house and he laid some boards back in place. I am just trying to get by.

Again thank you for your advice.

• Jan Jan on Dec 30, 2017
    I put the stick on tiles in my garage , well I didn't but the man who put them down for me used a heavy glue from Lowe's. I don't remember the name but the folks there could tell you what to use. The tiles have been down over 10 years and still look good. The floor was too stained to clean and there were cracks in the cement.

• Kay Kay on Dec 30, 2017
    sounds like your biggest problems are the dog and the husband! Untrained dogs should probably Not be allowed to live inside and destroy your home. And your husband sounds untrained also, If he thinks the way to repair a leak under the house is to bust a hole thru the floorboards and access it that way instead of the correct way of entering the crawl space under the house and repairing your plumbing leak underneath the floorboards. Sorry, but I'm jus sayin...