What is the best floor for a pet friendly home?

+2
Had carpet when we moved in. Replaced it with tile but not really happy with it. My pets are pretty good about going out but do have accidents.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jun 21, 2018
    use vinyl planking

• Sheet vinyl is hands down the easiest to keep clean and maintain. I ripped up the laminate and installed hardwood. 6+ dogs, 6 cats, canary and dragon in my house. Depends on how fussy you are about your floors. If you want pristine showroom quality looking floors, do not get wood floors.

• Dfm Dfm on Jun 21, 2018
    sheet goods on the floor linoleum, has many different looks, stay a way from embossed patterns.

• Amanda Charlton Amanda Charlton on Jun 21, 2018
    Tile is actually the way to go. Anything else and their " accidents" will damage it. If your not liking the comfort of it , throw some inexpensive rugs down to soften the look.

• Bonnie Bonnie on Jun 21, 2018
    Waterproof vinyl plank with a matte or lower sheen finish may be a viable option for you. It runs about $2.50 a square foot and can be installed over a sound surface. Also a DIY project for people with good knees and strong hands.