What the best finish and wood to use in kitchen floor redo?

+2

We are redoing our tiled kitchen floor. The tiles were cracked due to Oklahoma earthquakes. Wondering about using plywood cut in strips. Best sealer for kitchen? Ideas? Hints? Thanks for all the help!

• Loyal Adams Loyal Adams on Jul 06, 2018

I think that the bamboo we put in our downstairs, 1907 home, is the toughest stuff I have ever used. Make sure when you put it down you allow for pleanty of expansion and contraction as the weather changes.

• Laura Cooper Laura Cooper on Jul 06, 2018
    Carol, I've used engineered hardwood very successfully. It IS hardwood, but it has been layered with dense plywood and has a factory diamond finish which is extremely durable. It's also very reasonably priced.

• Shore grandmom Shore grandmom on Jul 06, 2018
    Plywood isn't made to be the top of a floor, it's for under the finished part for support. If you are redoing your kitchen, you could put just about anything in. How about a laminate flooring? There are some really nice ones now. Keep in mind that the flooring goes in before the cabinets and the cabinets sit on top of it.

• Cindy Hagemann Cindy Hagemann on Jul 06, 2018

Look at vinyl plank flooring - I would not do the plywood strips on the floor.

• Cindy Cindy on Jul 06, 2018

Hi Carol. We have laminate flooring in our kitchen, dining room and entrance. It was here when we bought this house two years ago. I love it. These are high traffic areas. And the floors always look good. I would highly recommend this product.