Best border for a large flower bed

We have 100 feet of fence along the back of our yard and we (mostly I!) would like to build flower beds along there. I am all about cheap and natural but we will likely end up using purchased stone wall blocks unless I can come up with a brilliant idea that convinces my husband.

• Janerose Janerose on Jun 15, 2018
    Collect large rocks...construction sites...also u can hang mason jars or some type of container on the fence with plants inside them

• Amanda Amanda on Jun 15, 2018
    Hi Lea. I would check and see if there are any places that sell natural stones in your area. I have a lot of quarry's and they sell natural stones at a very reasonable price. Lannon flag stone makes nice flower bed borders, and also field stone.

• Mkl Mkl on Jun 16, 2018
    Logs are another option. Here the highway department cuts up fallen trees and leaves the logs along the side of the road. They will last for several years and give you a chance to establish the beds and fine another material to edge the border in. Or intermix the rock and the logs, replacing the logs as you obtain more rock.