How do take a cutting from a rose bush to transplant somewhere else?

+2
The bush is huge and 50 years old.
  • Sue Lilly Sue Lilly on Jun 18, 2017
    I've tried several times to take a cutting, I followed a link on YouTube but they have never taken. Have a look and good luck

• KattywhampusLOL KattywhampusLOL on Jun 18, 2017
    Here are step by step instructions WITH pictures :) I am SURE this will help.

• Elaine Elaine on Jun 18, 2017
    I have taken cuttings from roses and been successful .... up to a point! I had large healthy looking rose bushes but NO roses so out they went in the garbage. Good luck!

• Pat Pat on Jun 18, 2017
    Years ago I took a rose cutting and put it in the ground....watered it good and put a glass jar over it. Was a sort of outdoor terrium. It was on the east side of my farmhouse so got mostly shade with some morning sun,. Kept watering it almost every day and it did get roots but took a long long time. When it gets new leaves, you can assume it has rooted and can transplant your starter rose to it's new home.

• Anne Lockie Brooks Anne Lockie Brooks on Jun 18, 2017
    Cut a stem on a slant and stick it in a Potato. Bury the potato. Mark the spot and keep it watered. Takes a year to leaf and bloom.